As we’ve mentioned in previous articles, the Holidays are upon us! Which means, all across America, people are piling into their cars and taking to the open road to visit relatives in different states. But as anyone who's driven for longer than two hours knows, road trips aren't all windblown hair and sunshine. In fact, they usually get old very quickly.
To make your holiday road trip go as smoothly as possible this year, follow these LeSueur Car Company tips!
1. Hang an iPad off of your car's sun visor for a makeshift TV monitor.
2. Use cling wrap for a makeshift lid to avoid mid-drive spillage.
3. To making eating on-the-go easy, pack a Ziploc bag with napkins and plastic utensils.
4. Want to keep your food and drinks cold? Invest in a personal car fridge!
5. Does your family like to cause a lot of mess?Take a cereal container, add a trash can liner to create a perfectly sized trash bin for your car.
6. Don’t want to splurge for a dashboard phone holder? Use a binder clip and rubber band to create one!
7. Does someone in your family constantly have to use the restroom on the road? Download the app SitOrSquat to find clean public restrooms when you're on the road.
8. We all know gas can be expensive, especially on a long road trip! To get the most bang for your buck, download GasBuddy to find the cheapest gas along your route.
9. If you're planning on sleeping in your car, bring along an inflatable car mattress for comfort!
10. Do you have little ones who like to snack? Turn empty coffee creamer bottles into spill-proof snack containers with this DIY hack!
11. Keep everyone happy and buy a five-port car charger! This will make sure everyone in your car has a charger!
12. Traveling with a furry friend? Protect your pup with a safety seat.
13. Keep your passengers safe and comfortable with this DIY seatbelt pillow!
14. To create a mess free, portable snack, grab a half-empty jar of peanut butter and add celery or pretzels!
15. To make meals on the road easier, purchase a mini car table!
16. Traveling with kids? Keep them engaged with a laminated travel map. Have your kids trace the route and cross off landmarks as you go!
We hope you enjoyed our road trip tips! If you’re about to hit the highway for a holiday trip and are not sure if your car is up to the challenge, come see us for an upgrade! We can find the perfect vehicle for you and your family. Click here to browse our inventory today!