The world is a pretty crazy place right now, so we wanted to put together a list of simple acts of kindness you can do not just today, but every day to better your community!
Ways to Spread Kindness:
1. Leave a one or five dollar bill, with a note, tucked in the pages of a library book for a stranger to find.
2. Ask the director of a nursing home about a resident who does not get frequent visitors. Send or deliver that person flowers with a kind note.
3. Pay for something for a stranger. It could be as small as a cup of coffee, or as generous as a cartful of groceries.
4. Offer to babysit a busy mom’s kids so she can run errands alone.
5. Deliver homemade baked goods to your neighbor(s).
6. Write a handwritten note to a relative or friend you haven’t been in touch with lately to let him/her know you’re thinking of him/her.
7. Write a thank you note to someone who has made a positive impact in your life. It could be your 7th grade English teacher, an old neighbor, or a coach who helped you. Let them know you remember and appreciate their kindness.
8. Make it a point to not complain about something that normally bugs you.
9. Pay someone a genuine compliment everyday.
10. Bring your neighbors’ trash cans from the end of their driveway up to their garage.
11. Without being asked, do a chore that your spouse/significant other/child/parent is normally expected to do and does not like doing.
12. Clean up the trash in a public place.
13. Leave an inspiring quote on a sticky note and place it on a mirror in a public bathroom.
14. If you have an elderly neighbor or friend, offer to help with yard work like leaf raking or shoveling snow.
15. Offer to return the shopping cart of someone in the grocery store parking lot.
16. Give someone who is down a hug. Never underestimate the power of human touch.
17. Hold a door for someone.
18. Drop off dinner to an elderly person who can’t get out much, a new mom, or someone going through a tough time.
19. Give someone a public compliment.
20. Offer to run an errand for a busy friend.
21. Smile and say a strong, “Hello!” to a stranger.
22. Buy a book that you think a friend will like and give it to her.
23. If you’ve not met your neighbors, knock on their door and introduce yourself. Let them know you are there if they need anything.
24. Sit next to someone who is sitting alone at a meeting, kids function, work event, etc.
25. Buy 5 lottery tickets at the gas station and pass them out to the first 5 people you see as you are walking out, wishing them luck. We hope this helps! Remember, “in a world where you can be anything, be kind!”.
Have other ideas on how to spread kindness? Tell us in the comments below!